Vancouver Travel & Tourism Information
A helpful guide to the city
- The 13th Man. A Canadian Football Fan Community. – Discussion Forum, Extensive
Canadian footballteam information, weekly Pick Em Pool, Hall of Fan and much more!
- Accent Cruises. Vancouver’s largest fleet of charter boats. Services for groups from 10 – 400 people.
- Art Beatus Gallery represents and promotes International modern and contemporary art with a unique focus on contemporary Chinese art.
108 – 808 Nelson Street, Vancouver BC.
- The Arts Club Theatre Company, in its 42nd season of producing professional live theatre in Vancouver, is a non-profit charitable organization which operates two theatres on a year-round basis. Our popular productions range from musicals and contemporary comedies to new works and classics.
- Art Works Gallery represents numerous contemporary Canadian and International artists. They strive to offer a wide variety of styles and mediums; including original canvases, sculptures, mono-prints, and limited editions.
325 Smithe Street, Vancouver BC.
- Ballet BC. Since its inception in January 1986, Ballet British Columbia has quickly become an internationally respected dance company. Bold, innovative and sophisticated, the company has developed a unique, signature performance style that separates it from its contemporary counterparts around the world.
- BC Ferry Corporation. 1-888-BC-FERRY (1-888-223-3779) BC only. Outside BC 250-386-3431.
- BC Place Stadium. What makes BC Place Stadium amazing? For starters, it’s the biggest air-supported domed stadium in the world. More than 60,000 people can stay warm and dry while they take in their favourite event.
777 Pacific Blvd.
Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 4Y8
- Best Western Hotels located in British Columbia.
- Celebration of Light. The world’s leading fireworks manufacturers consider the HSBC Celebration of Light competition to be the most prestigious and an exciting arena where they can unveil the latest pyro-musical techniques and the most innovative fireworks materials.The four nights of World Competition Fireworks is just across the street from the Vancouver Best Western Sands by the Sea Hotel at English Bay.
- Chan Centre for the Performing Arts has earned an international reputation for its striking design and stellar acoustics. Artists, critics and patrons alike are unanimous in their praise of the multi-faceted facility, winning it a place among North America’s premier performing arts venues.
University of British Columbia
6265 Crescent Road, Vancouver, BC
- Cypress Mountain Downhill. Cross country skiing, hiking and snow boarding only 15 minutes from the Best Western Sands Hotel.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge. Originally built in 1889, today’s bridge is the fourth bridge at this location, 450 feet across and 230 feet above Capilano River and is, without a doubt, the world’s greatest suspension footbridge!
- Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden. Located in Chinatown.
- Ecomarine. Ocean kayaking at English Bay. Lessons, rentals, sales and tours are available. They are also located at Granville Island and Jericho Beach.
- Granville Island. Journey through the bustle of narrow streets, witness art in the making, and discover a unique selection of items you can’t find anywhere else in the city. Enjoy a cool spray at the Kid’s Water Park or just sit back, relax, and soak up the atmosphere on one of Granville Island’s many great patios. Sift through the aromas of fresh food, the wonderful sounds of buskers, or immerse yourself in the unrivalled excitement of live theatre. Experience the intertwined wonders of culture, food, history and fun – all smack dab in the middle of the city.
- Roger’s Arena. Home to the Vancouver Canucks and host of many concerts and events.
- H.R. MacMillan Space Centre.To educate, inspire, and evoke a sense of wonder about the universe, our planet, and space exploration.
- Maritime Museum is the principal maritime museum on the Pacific Coast of Canada, and Greater Vancouver region’s link to maritime history, art, culture and technology. Their programs and exhibits relate to the past, to the present, and look to the future.
- Museum of Anthropology. The mission of the Museum of Anthropology is to investigate, preserve, and present objects and expressions of human creativity in order to promote understanding of and respect for world cultures.
- New Revue Stage. The Vancouver Theatre Sports League is a non-profit organization that represents theatre for everyone…and great entertainment! Our brand of improvisation is a highly theatrical fusion of comedy and tragedy coupled with the enthusiasm and excitement of professional sport.
1601 Johnston Street on Granville Island, BC.
- The Orpheum was the largest and most opulent theatre on the Pacific Coast. The City of Vancouver purchased the theatre on March 19, 1974 and undertook a complete restoration of the theatre’s interior. The Orpheum re-opened on April 2, 1977 as the permanent home of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and a restored concert hall that hosts a variety of pop, classical, choral and chamber recitals. It is also an ideal venue for concert recordings, conference sessions, seminars and film shoots.
- PNE (Pacific National Exhibition). Home to Playland and host to various concerts and events.
2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Built in 1959 by the City of Vancouver, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre is the home of Vancouver Opera and Ballet British Columbia. The 70 foot wide proscenium arch stage is the perfect multi-purpose venue for Broadway shows, pop and rock concerts, opera and dance, as well as live broadcast gala award ceremonies and telethons.
- Science World is a hands-on science centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We are a favourite family destination offering entertaining and educational experiences. In addition to the hundreds of interactive exhibits featured in our galleries, we are also home to the Alcan OMNIMAX Theatre and the Science Theatre.
- Simon Fraser University Downtown Campus is only 7 minutes from the Best Western Sands hotel.
- Translink (Vancouver Public Transportation System), responsible for planning, financing and operating a regional transportation system that moves people and goods efficiently, and supports the regional growth strategy, air quality objectives and economic development of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Customer information please call 604-953-3333.
- Ticketmaster. Tickets for concerts, plays and tons of Vancouver’s events.
- Tickets Tonight. Last minute tickets for shows, plays and concerts. Also an events calendar for Vancouver with up-to-date information on all the goings on in Vancouver.
Tickets Tonight in the Tourist Info Centre
Plaza Level, 200 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC
- The Urban Puppy Shop. All-natural human grade dog food, daycare, overnight boarding and grooming.
- University of British Columbia Downtown campus is only a 5 minute drive from the Best Western Sands Hotel. The Main campus is 10-15 minute drive.
- Van Dusen Botanical Gardens. This spectacular 22-hectare (55-acre) garden in the heart of Vancouver has matured into a botanical garden of international stature since opening to the public in 1975.